Want to apply for a rental property with LJ Hooker Belmont?
The rental application process can be very daunting for some, especially if you have not done it for a while or if it is your very first time. Here is a rundown of what you need to do!
Remember by law you MUST view the property you wish to apply for, or at least have someone you trust view it on your behalf. It is very important that the property fit your housing needs.
Once you have viewed the property you wish to apply for you will need to fill in our tenancy application form and provide 100 points of ID and proof of income. You will also need to provide contact details for referees our agency can speak with and sign a privacy consent form, giving the agent permission to contact these listed referees.
The paperwork needed to complete your application is as follows;
I.D. – One (1) of the Below
100 Point Identification Check
Income – Two (2) of the Below
- Driver’s Licence – 30 Points
- Proof of Aged Card – 30 Points
- Passport – 30 Points
Supporting Documentation – To make up the Final Points
- 2x Payslips & Current Bank Statement – 20 Points
- Centrelink Statement & Current Bank Statement – 20 Points
- Mortgage Statement (if home owner) – 20 Points
- Rent Receipts & Current Bank Statement (of private renter) – 20 Points
- Tenancy History Ledger – 20 Points
- Motor Vehicle Registration – 15 Points
- Electricity/Gas Account – 15 Points
- Phone Account – 15 Points
Please remember our Property Management team are available to assist you with any questions you may have about the rental process or our application form. Our rental application form can be downloaded below or you can collect application forms from our office.
Wishing you all the best with securing a rental property to call home!
Download Rental Application Form